Pages

Plain and Simple Desk Strips (NSW Foundation Font)

Saturday 16 January 2016



At the beginning of 2015 I planned my classroom decor meticulously. It was my first time teaching Kindergarten and Year One from the start of the year and I was determined to fill my room with beautiful things. I loved my classroom (and I still do) however as the year progressed I began to realise the significant impact that the decor that I used had on my students learning. I had a number of male students in Year One who were very easily distracted and had some difficulty scanning. This made it hard for them to use some anchor charts and their desk strips as there was simply too much happening on them. For this reason I have created my own (very simple, very plain desk strip).

I've included the four things that my students need prompting for the most: letters (capital and lower case), consonant digraphs, word endings and numbers.  If you would like to download your own copy for free click here. 

Beck xx

2 comments:

Proudly designed by | MLEKOSHI PLAYGROUND |